2 computer geekery updates
living w/o gmail
Here's my honest opinions about living without Gmail.
1. I don't miss it.
I honestly thought I was going to go into Gmail withdrawal but I didn't experience that at all. I don't miss the "Google way" of doing e-mail at all. The thing that's odd is that I was expecting to miss it, but didn't.
2. Mail is a lot easier to manage.
I got my folders and tags back in t-bird. Just those two features alone make it better than Gmail.
3. Way less spam
I don't know why (and I honestly don't care) but I've been receiving far less spam. Granted, this could be because the the spammers haven't "caught up" to the MX change but hey, I'm enjoying it. 🙂
The new mobo has been performing way better than expected. This is interesting because it's microATX-sized compared to full-size ATX. Something in my head said it would probably run slower or worse or whatever.. but that didn't happen at all; it actually runs better than the MSI mobo did. Biostar rules the school and I'm happy about it.
. . .
That's basically it. Things are running swell. Cool beans. 😉
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago