3rd time's a charm.. maybe
"A third casino in Eastern Connecticut would have "pronounced and immediate effects," according to a leading business group's 2004 report on business strategy."
Yep you heard it right. A third casino here in Connecticut. Right now Connecticut lays claim to the largest casino in the world, Foxwoods. I've been there several times. Carpets are usually dirty, but the buffet's good. I like Mohegan Sun much much better. Way cleaner, better shops. Better overall experience.
But seriously.. a third casino? Is Connecticut turning into Las Vegas all of a sudden? Sheesh.
I mean yeah, the casinos created lots of jobs, BUT (big BUT there), the majority of them are LOW PAYING jobs - something we DON'T need. Unofficially the median average income in this state per individual is $40,000 a year. Most jobs at the casinos start at $20,000 - half of the median average.
The plus: More jobs in this state, good thing. Before the casinos came around this state really wasn't doing too well in the employment department.
The minus: House and apartment prices going through the roof, no one can afford to live there with the small starter wages.
But like it or not, if a 3rd casino is coming, it's coming and there's no way to stop it. I'm just hoping the execution of this casino is done the right way - where it properly prepares for increased traffic congestion, housing needs and so on.. else it will turn the area into a big slum.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years
- Cheap "metal beginner" guitars are the open secret to great blues tone
- You can't beat a Gretsch in gold
- It takes balls to play an Avocado color guitar
- Two future collectible guitars, Squier and Fender
- The secret that country guitar players use for clean tone
- Whatever happened to the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt N4 guitar?