89 dollar guitar
This is a guitar I bought for 89 dollars about ten years ago. This cheap-ass Jackson Rhoads V knock-off is a Guild Burnside "The Lance". It was sitting on a guitar rack in a music store in Massachusetts for about a month before I bought it. No one wanted it. The more I played it the more I liked it - the rest is history.
This guitar has been sitting in my closet for over a year. I decided to dust it off (literally), slap on some new strings and jam out on it for a bit.
For those that want to know the particulars, it's only got 21 frets and yes, it looks like a toy but plays surprisingly well. The pickups are EMG 89a's with a 9-volt battery under the pick guard.
Also, the guitar is weighted perfectly. The headstock never "drops".
The sound is a SansAMP GT2 thru an ancient Alesis Quadraverb GT with some reverb added. No amps.
This video just goes to prove you don't need expensive gear to get a semi-decent sound. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods