a few things i'm thankful for (per my computer data)
Okay, it turns out I wasn't a total moron. I did in fact back up some stuff to my new hard drive before my old one decided to burn to a crisp. It was mostly photos which is something I'm very happy about. All my Universal trip photos were saved.
Also, I'm thankful for a few things.
All my mail is on Gmail.
Several times in the past I've lost all my mail. This is part of the reason I decided to go 100% web-based with my current e-mail setup, and I'm glad I did because I know all of it is still there.
Many of my old photos are on this site.
I may have lost a crapload of photos, but the majority of the ones that count are right here.
All my apps were put to DVD a few weeks ago.
If I had to re-find, re-download and "re" a bunch of other things concerning all my apps, I'd be one hurtin' dude right now. I use a ton of different programs to do what I do, both for personal things and for my work.
So needless to say, I'm very relieved my apps are all backed up.
Even though I can't stand optical media, I'm going to start having to use it more often. Fortunately I've got a new DVD burner for the task.
Simply put, optical media does last a very long time as long as the drive you use it with is recent and the data side is fingerprint, scratch and dust free.
13 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture