a few things i'm thankful for (per my computer data)
Okay, it turns out I wasn't a total moron. I did in fact back up some stuff to my new hard drive before my old one decided to burn to a crisp. It was mostly photos which is something I'm very happy about. All my Universal trip photos were saved.
Also, I'm thankful for a few things.
All my mail is on Gmail.
Several times in the past I've lost all my mail. This is part of the reason I decided to go 100% web-based with my current e-mail setup, and I'm glad I did because I know all of it is still there.
Many of my old photos are on this site.
I may have lost a crapload of photos, but the majority of the ones that count are right here.
All my apps were put to DVD a few weeks ago.
If I had to re-find, re-download and "re" a bunch of other things concerning all my apps, I'd be one hurtin' dude right now. I use a ton of different programs to do what I do, both for personal things and for my work.
So needless to say, I'm very relieved my apps are all backed up.
Even though I can't stand optical media, I'm going to start having to use it more often. Fortunately I've got a new DVD burner for the task.
Simply put, optical media does last a very long time as long as the drive you use it with is recent and the data side is fingerprint, scratch and dust free.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see