a really expensive piece of crap
I play guitar so I like to see what's out there every so often. I happened to see the replica Frankenstein Eddie Van Halen guitar. Does it look identical to the original? Yes. In every detail.
Wanna know how much it costs?
And what do you get for the money?
A guitar that looks, feels and plays like it's been sitting in a damp basement for about 25 years.
I wish I was kidding.
What you're really paying for is the the fact that Fender replicated every nick, scratch, cut, burn mark to exacting measurements.
The guitar is supposed to be more art than anything else, because to be blunt honest, as an instrument it's a complete piece of crap.
Sometimes I wonder.. if/when I become a famous musician, will my crappy red Strat be worth thousands and thousands to a collector?
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)