a really expensive piece of crap
I play guitar so I like to see what's out there every so often. I happened to see the replica Frankenstein Eddie Van Halen guitar. Does it look identical to the original? Yes. In every detail.
Wanna know how much it costs?
And what do you get for the money?
A guitar that looks, feels and plays like it's been sitting in a damp basement for about 25 years.
I wish I was kidding.
What you're really paying for is the the fact that Fender replicated every nick, scratch, cut, burn mark to exacting measurements.
The guitar is supposed to be more art than anything else, because to be blunt honest, as an instrument it's a complete piece of crap.
Sometimes I wonder.. if/when I become a famous musician, will my crappy red Strat be worth thousands and thousands to a collector?
More articles to check out
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake