An old dog is still an old dog
Being that I have the old IBM ThinkPad 390 kicking around, I decided to see if KNOPPIX would run on it. The '390 is a Pentium 233 Mobile with 128MB of RAM and a 3GB drive. After doing the install (which took forever), it did work. Everything was running great except for the sound card which didn't detect correctly. Other than that, I was able to connect to the 'net with it.
Unfortunately, I am spoiled by fast computers. While the ThinkPad did cook right along doing its best, it's just too damn slow for KNOPPIX and there's really nothing I can do as far as an upgrade. I mean, when you got a 233 with a maximum (repeat: maximum) resolution of 800x600 and only 3GB's to play with with 128MB of RAM, there's not much you can do. I will most likely ditch KNOPPIX in favor of Damn Small Linux which uses Fluxbox. It's a lot smaller and a lot "lighter".
But I still have to deal with a max 800x600 res.. that SUCKS! Ergh. Maybe I'll throw on DSL and eBay it.. hmmm...
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two