And now, the weather
Today is a hot sticky muggy day. The air outside feels like you're breathing through a sponge. It is absolutely horrible.
I have never liked hot weather all too much, especially when it gets muggy. Here in Connecticut, the air gets really thick during the warmer months. Because I don't have any air conditioning where I live, it makes it tough to deal with.
Hot weather isn't good for cars, either. You have to be careful not to overheat the engine and make sure to let your car have a "breather" every so often. When I drive in hot weather for a long period of time, I usually stop at a convenience store or something and let the car sit for 10 minutes or so with the hood open. Maybe that's a bit of overkill, but I think it's worth it.
I have heard that the air is much easier to breathe during the hotter months in places like Nevada and Arizona (not that I would want to live in those places) because the humidity is much lower. Makes me wonder if that's better for your skin or not when you stand outside. Does less humidity mean you will be sunburned less, or more? Hm...
The A/C will be running in the car on my way home today from work. This sucks for two reasons: A) It makes the engine work harder and run hotter. I never like it when the engine runs hot, at all. It's not that the engine can't handle it, I just avoid running a hot engine whenever I can. B) Gas prices are through the roof right now. I paid $2.23 a gallon in Norwich yesterday (for a total of $25 bucks to fill the tank). Running A/C is not exactly good for gas mileage.
But, I'd rather be able to breathe than save money. Breathing is definitely more important. (grin)
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing