Apple II television commercial from 1984
Yes, I know, I'm blogging a lot today, but this one was too good to pass up. This is an actual television commercial broadcast by Apple Computer for the Apple II model. On one of my old VHS tapes I stumbled across this and said "Wow" because, well, it's just really interesting how they used to market computers twenty-two years ago.
Things to note about the commercial:
You can barely make out what's on the computer screen. Obviously it wasn't important to show it.
Both father and son wear glasses, because after all, everyone that uses a computer must wear glasses.
Showing the 5.25" floppy drive (with a disk being inserted into it) was very important.
When father brings in the box for the Apple II for his son, you can see on the box it's an Apple IIc. Watch for the logo on the box at the top left.
It is assumed this commercial was broadcast in 1984, since the IIc was released that year.
Correction: Looking at the box closer, the computer in the box is actually an Apple IIc Plus, meaning this commercial was most likely broadcast in 1988, not 1984.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone