Apple Safari 3 Beta font fix
Edit -- This is a fix if your Safari 3 Beta for Windows acts like it does here in this video:
If any of y'all out there are encountering the problem where Apple's new Safari 3 Beta browser won't show any fonts at all, I've found the problem. If you have a ton of fonts installed (such as I do), Safari won't index them all in its Fonts.plist file. Because of that, what happens is blanked-out menus and fields that are completely inoperable.
Solution: Recreate the Fonts.plist file with (most of) the standard Windows XP fonts. I did this and it works.
Here's my Fonts.plist file. (Edit: This has been updated to include the "Georgia" font set)
You can locate yours here:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\Safari\Fonts.plist
If you can't see this folder, go to Control Panel, "Folder Options" icon, "View" tab and tick the option for "Show Hidden Files and Folders".
Backup your Fonts.plist first, then replace with mine.
Note: This will probably be fixed in the next version, however, for now this will have to do.
Also note: You may have to install the Lucida Grande TrueType fonts that come bundled in the C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.resources directory. If you still get no menus after replacing the Fonts.plist, install those fonts first then restart Safari again.