avatars, gravatars.. wavatars?
I briefly entertained the idea of switching the comment system here back to Disqus, but the way it works didn't mesh well with the theme I use and the CSS for it is a mess, so it was back to the old system.
However I did enable avatars, gravatars and wavatars, as in the little images you see next to your name when posting a comment.
You know what an avatar is. A gravatar is a custom image you can set. It shows whatever image you want by detecting the email address you use when posting a comment. A wavatar is a randomly generated image if you don't have any gravatar previously set. This is a built-in option in WordPress so I figured it would be better to use than compared to a nondescript blank image. Given the fact there are 55 billion (yes, seriously) unique wavatars out there, the chances of someone else having your image is slim to none. 🙂
If for whatever reason you don't like the wavatar you were randomly given, just to go gravatar.com and use your own.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing