avoiding the white elephants
What I have now is what I believe to be the lowest-cost possible gigging setup that can actually get the job done. My reasons for buying a cheap guitar and a cheap combo amplifier was specifically to get ready to play out in clubs. At this point I have to try my luck and see if there's anybody local that wants to play, and more important play a style of music that I actually like. On the list of places where I'll say "Hey I want to join a band" will be Craigslist and BandMix. Hopefully I'll get some good results.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing