back @ menga.net
Well, if you're reading this now you've been successfully pointed to menga.net. I just threw the switch so-to-speak and everything seems to be in check here.
I have a redirect set up so that anyone that comes from my other domain will automatically land here, and I also have the 404 set up to redirect properly to existing articles as well (yep.. pretty cool I must say).
And now the question you're dying to ask...
I'll try to explain it the best I can.
The short version:
It's the name that matters.
The long version:
I have a very distinctive last name. On the internet, I am never searched for by my other domain. Ever. It's always my full name or just my last name. That name is far more memorable compared to my off-again/on-again biz name.
I also discovered that no matter what I do, no one ever remembers the exact address of my web site, so once again it's a search by name that counts.
Even though my domain is a dot-net and not a dot-com, menga is in it and, once again, that's what counts.
Some quick notes:
To the regular readers of my blog, you may notice some wonky stuff. Some images may not work as I button up the loose ends here. Switching domains (especially when you have thousands of blog posts) is never easy.
My vow for as long as internet domains exist:
I will never switch my blog's web address ever again. Promise. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see