be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none
Gotta love Ben Franklin. The guy was a genius.
Pop's lawn now looks respectable. As a matter of fact, from what I notice it's just about the best lawn in the neighborhood. Maybe that's because I take the time and effort to do it properly. Someday soon when I get my own house I will take very good care of the property. Personally I think the way your house and property looks says something about you as a person. And honestly speaking it does not take a lot of effort to do basic upkeep. You just have to do it. My father took great pains back in Connecticut at the old house in Killingly to make the property be a feast for the eyes. And in truth it was. I'm happy to repay the favor by mowing Pop's lawn and performing upkeep as necessary.
I have so so so many ideas for home improvement. You have no idea. I could add $15,000 (or more) to the price tag of a house just by putting in less than $500 of yard work alone - never mind the inside. 🙂 All it takes is a little bit of plant research and about one to two weekend's worth of work. Then you've got "curbside appeal" to die for.
More old Connecticut friends have found me on my MySpace page. Even as much as I loathe MS, it does amaze me the vast amount of people that use it - so much so that old friends do find me.
And in music news - I might actually try "singing". I put that in quotes because since I know how to modify my voice with a vocoder filter - I'll actually be on key. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone