be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none
Gotta love Ben Franklin. The guy was a genius.
Pop's lawn now looks respectable. As a matter of fact, from what I notice it's just about the best lawn in the neighborhood. Maybe that's because I take the time and effort to do it properly. Someday soon when I get my own house I will take very good care of the property. Personally I think the way your house and property looks says something about you as a person. And honestly speaking it does not take a lot of effort to do basic upkeep. You just have to do it. My father took great pains back in Connecticut at the old house in Killingly to make the property be a feast for the eyes. And in truth it was. I'm happy to repay the favor by mowing Pop's lawn and performing upkeep as necessary.
I have so so so many ideas for home improvement. You have no idea. I could add $15,000 (or more) to the price tag of a house just by putting in less than $500 of yard work alone - never mind the inside. 🙂 All it takes is a little bit of plant research and about one to two weekend's worth of work. Then you've got "curbside appeal" to die for.
More old Connecticut friends have found me on my MySpace page. Even as much as I loathe MS, it does amaze me the vast amount of people that use it - so much so that old friends do find me.
And in music news - I might actually try "singing". I put that in quotes because since I know how to modify my voice with a vocoder filter - I'll actually be on key. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing