Best web page of the year
I loved every single word of this. What David says is true, "..nothing can bring in hate mail like pretentious hard rock." I agree. If there's one breed of people who are vehemently defensive about what they listen to when someone pokes fun at it, it's rock and metal fans.
Check it out and read up. Get a good laugh. Make sure to read the part of that article from a guy named "Yannick". Certain people I know will get an extra good laugh from that one.
One more thing sorta/kinda related: In my apartment I play classical music all day, every day. My file server computer is set to an internet radio station that plays really good classical at a soft level (I don't blare it).
My apartment has three windows in it. Two facing the road, one facing a building. It was a nice day so I had all of them open. Someone in the building next to mine started playing some of that awful "core" metal music. Even though it wasn't that loud it cut right through my classical. Shutting the window fortunately drowned it right out.
After I did that, I thought to myself...
Am I getting old?
Nah. That core music just sucks.
More articles to check out
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake