bits for 12 feb 2009
Over the past week the weather in Tampa has been what I call "vacation" days. It's when I walk outside, the air has a certain quality to it, the sun is beaming down at just the right temperature and there's a slight warm breeze in the air. In addition, it's what I remember as days feeling like from when I literally vacationed with family as a child at Disney World in Orlando.
It's as if there's a familiarity I came back to in Florida even though I never lived here before moving out this way in '06.
~ ~ ~
Google Maps/Earth has finally got some Street Views coverage of the stomping grounds. Well, some of it.
I got to see my grandfather's and grandmother's old house which was really cool.
But the good stuff - as in where I lived - isn't there yet. The coverage stops a scant few miles away. WHAT A TEASE.. I was saying to myself "Cool! Finally! I got Street Views of-- wait.. aww drat." So, so close.
When it does finally happen (which will probably be real soon) I will finally be able to give a virtual tour of the tiny town I grew up in. Watch for it in the future.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984