bits for 12 feb 2009
Over the past week the weather in Tampa has been what I call "vacation" days. It's when I walk outside, the air has a certain quality to it, the sun is beaming down at just the right temperature and there's a slight warm breeze in the air. In addition, it's what I remember as days feeling like from when I literally vacationed with family as a child at Disney World in Orlando.
It's as if there's a familiarity I came back to in Florida even though I never lived here before moving out this way in '06.
~ ~ ~
Google Maps/Earth has finally got some Street Views coverage of the stomping grounds. Well, some of it.
I got to see my grandfather's and grandmother's old house which was really cool.
But the good stuff - as in where I lived - isn't there yet. The coverage stops a scant few miles away. WHAT A TEASE.. I was saying to myself "Cool! Finally! I got Street Views of-- wait.. aww drat." So, so close.
When it does finally happen (which will probably be real soon) I will finally be able to give a virtual tour of the tiny town I grew up in. Watch for it in the future.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see