bits for 12 feb 2009
Over the past week the weather in Tampa has been what I call "vacation" days. It's when I walk outside, the air has a certain quality to it, the sun is beaming down at just the right temperature and there's a slight warm breeze in the air. In addition, it's what I remember as days feeling like from when I literally vacationed with family as a child at Disney World in Orlando.
It's as if there's a familiarity I came back to in Florida even though I never lived here before moving out this way in '06.
~ ~ ~
Google Maps/Earth has finally got some Street Views coverage of the stomping grounds. Well, some of it.
I got to see my grandfather's and grandmother's old house which was really cool.
But the good stuff - as in where I lived - isn't there yet. The coverage stops a scant few miles away. WHAT A TEASE.. I was saying to myself "Cool! Finally! I got Street Views of-- wait.. aww drat." So, so close.
When it does finally happen (which will probably be real soon) I will finally be able to give a virtual tour of the tiny town I grew up in. Watch for it in the future.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago