bits for 12 feb 2009
Over the past week the weather in Tampa has been what I call "vacation" days. It's when I walk outside, the air has a certain quality to it, the sun is beaming down at just the right temperature and there's a slight warm breeze in the air. In addition, it's what I remember as days feeling like from when I literally vacationed with family as a child at Disney World in Orlando.
It's as if there's a familiarity I came back to in Florida even though I never lived here before moving out this way in '06.
~ ~ ~
Google Maps/Earth has finally got some Street Views coverage of the stomping grounds. Well, some of it.
I got to see my grandfather's and grandmother's old house which was really cool.
But the good stuff - as in where I lived - isn't there yet. The coverage stops a scant few miles away. WHAT A TEASE.. I was saying to myself "Cool! Finally! I got Street Views of-- wait.. aww drat." So, so close.
When it does finally happen (which will probably be real soon) I will finally be able to give a virtual tour of the tiny town I grew up in. Watch for it in the future.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches