bits for 16 september '08
I successfully delivered sis to TPA - and oddly enough there was no problem getting her there. I was sure as anything I'd run into evening commuter traffic but didn't whatsoever.
However I wasn't so lucky going back home - I ran smack dab into the middle of it. That was okay because it was more important sis got to her flight on time, which she did.
. . .
Band practice went well this evening. More songs from the set list were played. I was a bit rusty at some but muddled thru. As soon as the list is polished up we'll be gigging out. It will be nice to get social doing what I do with guitar - no question.
Practice tonight included some Ramones tunes. I'd never played them with a band before. Very different. I can definitely see the allure of punk music because it's easy to play and you can jump around a lot. 🙂
. . .
Forgot to mention - in the north they're starting to get cold nights already. At the stomping grounds they're going to have a 40° F low on Thursday. Bear in mind that's only 8 degrees away from freezing. 🙂
The lowest low here will be 70°. Rock on. 🙂
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time