bits for 16 september '08
I successfully delivered sis to TPA - and oddly enough there was no problem getting her there. I was sure as anything I'd run into evening commuter traffic but didn't whatsoever.
However I wasn't so lucky going back home - I ran smack dab into the middle of it. That was okay because it was more important sis got to her flight on time, which she did.
. . .
Band practice went well this evening. More songs from the set list were played. I was a bit rusty at some but muddled thru. As soon as the list is polished up we'll be gigging out. It will be nice to get social doing what I do with guitar - no question.
Practice tonight included some Ramones tunes. I'd never played them with a band before. Very different. I can definitely see the allure of punk music because it's easy to play and you can jump around a lot. 🙂
. . .
Forgot to mention - in the north they're starting to get cold nights already. At the stomping grounds they're going to have a 40° F low on Thursday. Bear in mind that's only 8 degrees away from freezing. 🙂
The lowest low here will be 70°. Rock on. 🙂
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp