biz update, wordpress weirdness
Okay so here's the deal. In order for me to do what I wanted to do, it required not one but two licenses. One for the City of Tampa, the other for Hillsborough County (where Tampa is). Secondly it's not cheap. We're talking somewhere between $175 and $300 for this crap. Simply put, I can't afford that right now.
The real kicker is that these licenses are technically not required for what I intend to do, but the company I want to do biz with insists that I have them. Bull? Yes. I'll have to see if I can negotiate on the licensing crap especially since I don't need them.
My guess is that they're not going to talk turkey with me, so.. I dunno. I'll have to figure something out.
I had the weirdest issue with WP. I'm running the latest version and no matter what I did my administrator account was stuck on "classic" colors in the admin panel. I could not select the "fresh" (i.e. gray) theme. Ticked me off.
So I searched and searched and searched some more to see if anybody else had that issue. Nope. I was the only one.
Here's how I fixed it. This was a guess, and it worked.
I created another use and ta-da, there's the fresh theme. I gave the user admin privileges, deleted the old user, reattributed all posts, then recreated the old user as new, logged out, logged in, deleted the new user, reattributed all posts back to myself and ta-da, I now have the fresh theme.
I installed Easy Admin Color Schemes and now I can have any kind of colors I want. Cool beans.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see