biz update, wordpress weirdness
Okay so here's the deal. In order for me to do what I wanted to do, it required not one but two licenses. One for the City of Tampa, the other for Hillsborough County (where Tampa is). Secondly it's not cheap. We're talking somewhere between $175 and $300 for this crap. Simply put, I can't afford that right now.
The real kicker is that these licenses are technically not required for what I intend to do, but the company I want to do biz with insists that I have them. Bull? Yes. I'll have to see if I can negotiate on the licensing crap especially since I don't need them.
My guess is that they're not going to talk turkey with me, so.. I dunno. I'll have to figure something out.
I had the weirdest issue with WP. I'm running the latest version and no matter what I did my administrator account was stuck on "classic" colors in the admin panel. I could not select the "fresh" (i.e. gray) theme. Ticked me off.
So I searched and searched and searched some more to see if anybody else had that issue. Nope. I was the only one.
Here's how I fixed it. This was a guess, and it worked.
I created another use and ta-da, there's the fresh theme. I gave the user admin privileges, deleted the old user, reattributed all posts, then recreated the old user as new, logged out, logged in, deleted the new user, reattributed all posts back to myself and ta-da, I now have the fresh theme.
I installed Easy Admin Color Schemes and now I can have any kind of colors I want. Cool beans.
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed