I keep going back to the Casio 593 (F-91W and A158)
Try as I might, I can't stay away from this thing. And I'm okay with that.
I'm almost 45 years old. At 40 I decided to start getting into watches. Never did I buy anything expensive. In fact, the most "expensive" purchase I ever made to date was for a Seiko SNK803 back in 2016 for $56.11 total (which is now significantly more). I returned that watch because I couldn't get used to the busy dial it has.
It used to be that I wanted a watch that did everything, but now I value comfort and legibility over features. The A158 is basically the lightest, thinnest, easiest-to-read and most comfortable watch that exists that has a stainless steel bracelet on it. The only other watch that is lighter and even more easier-to-read is the F-91W.
Legibility is a big reason I keep going back to module 593 Casio watches. Out of every digital watch that exists, the module 593 watches have virtually zero display washout. I'm surprised people don't talk about this more. That display is so clear and viewable from any angle. You do not have to look at the display head-on to read it. It can be tilted way back and still be read with total ease.
The only watch I know of that has greater legibility than the A158/F-91W where lower priced timepieces are concerned is the analog Timex T20041 "Easy Reader".
And the only way after that to go even more legible is just about anything by Mondaine. It's more expensive but most models have crazy-good legibility with several sizes available to fit all wrist sizes from skinny to large.
One of these days I will buy myself a Mondaine. I just recently added it to my wish list. I do want one because I love the ultra-high contrast of the dial.
However, until that day comes, I'm fine wearing my nicked up A158.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Is the ESP LTD F10 the ugliest cheap electric guitar?
- Fender "White Beauty" Stratocaster
- The 4 grits of sandpaper every guitar player needs
- I keep going back to the Casio 593 (F-91W and A158)
- Zoom R8 sending audio with effects over USB while in AUDIO I/F mode
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s (and 50s) is a game changer
- Fender HM Strat is not a Stratocaster
- Squier raises the price on Classic Vibe Stratocasters
- Five of the better guitar shirts I've seen
- How to choose the right guitar octave pedal effect