class of '93
My '93 graduation tassels. For those who don't want to do the math, 1993 was thirteen years ago. I wrote here previously that if I did find my tassels they'd probably be yellowed with age. Well, they're not yellow, but definitely not as white (for the white strands) as they used to be. And it's a bit old looking because it's been sitting in a box for quite some time.
1993 was not exactly what you'd call a banner year but I did graduate from high school that year.
Things that happened in '93:
Bill Clinton is inaugurated as the 42nd President of The United States.
A Superstorm bringing record snowfall on the east coast of the United States occurred.
Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss got raided by the Los Angeles Police Department (to which everyone said in their best sarcasm... "She was a madam? No... REALLY?!?!")
The Late Show with David Letterman premiered on CBS after he had left NBC.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien premiered on NBC.
Okay.. even though '93 wasn't exactly a hot year per sé, I still remember it.
Also, if you got your tassels, save 'em. And look at them from time to time (even if you hated your high school).
I can't say high school was good or bad for me as far as the whole experience goes. I just remember it as a period where I really didn't know myself very well. Fortunately I got out of that rut. But it's amazing to think that some never do...
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one