class of '93
My '93 graduation tassels. For those who don't want to do the math, 1993 was thirteen years ago. I wrote here previously that if I did find my tassels they'd probably be yellowed with age. Well, they're not yellow, but definitely not as white (for the white strands) as they used to be. And it's a bit old looking because it's been sitting in a box for quite some time.
1993 was not exactly what you'd call a banner year but I did graduate from high school that year.
Things that happened in '93:
Bill Clinton is inaugurated as the 42nd President of The United States.
A Superstorm bringing record snowfall on the east coast of the United States occurred.
Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss got raided by the Los Angeles Police Department (to which everyone said in their best sarcasm... "She was a madam? No... REALLY?!?!")
The Late Show with David Letterman premiered on CBS after he had left NBC.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien premiered on NBC.
Okay.. even though '93 wasn't exactly a hot year per sé, I still remember it.
Also, if you got your tassels, save 'em. And look at them from time to time (even if you hated your high school).
I can't say high school was good or bad for me as far as the whole experience goes. I just remember it as a period where I really didn't know myself very well. Fortunately I got out of that rut. But it's amazing to think that some never do...
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see