class of '93
My '93 graduation tassels. For those who don't want to do the math, 1993 was thirteen years ago. I wrote here previously that if I did find my tassels they'd probably be yellowed with age. Well, they're not yellow, but definitely not as white (for the white strands) as they used to be. And it's a bit old looking because it's been sitting in a box for quite some time.
1993 was not exactly what you'd call a banner year but I did graduate from high school that year.
Things that happened in '93:
Bill Clinton is inaugurated as the 42nd President of The United States.
A Superstorm bringing record snowfall on the east coast of the United States occurred.
Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss got raided by the Los Angeles Police Department (to which everyone said in their best sarcasm... "She was a madam? No... REALLY?!?!")
The Late Show with David Letterman premiered on CBS after he had left NBC.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien premiered on NBC.
Okay.. even though '93 wasn't exactly a hot year per sé, I still remember it.
Also, if you got your tassels, save 'em. And look at them from time to time (even if you hated your high school).
I can't say high school was good or bad for me as far as the whole experience goes. I just remember it as a period where I really didn't know myself very well. Fortunately I got out of that rut. But it's amazing to think that some never do...
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing