coldest and hottest places in the USA
As I begin to write this at 7:45pm today, February 14 2009, the temperature outside my apartment in Tampa Florida is 67.8° F.
Just for fun I looked up what the coldest and hottest towns in the USA were, concentrating on the lower 48 states.
What was most interesting to me was the daily mean temperature in the course of a year.
The coldest mean temps are in:
- Mt. Washington, New Hampshire, 27.2°
- International Falls, Minnesota, 37.4°
- Marquette, Michigan, 38.7°
- Duluth, Minnesota, 39.1°
- Caribou, Maine, 39.2°
The hottest mean temps are in:
- Key West, Florida, 78.1°
- Miami, Florida, 76.7°
- Yuma, Arizona, 75.3°
- West Palm Beach, Florida, 75.3°
- Fort Myers, Florida, 74.9°
- Phoenix, Arizona, 74.2°
- Brownsville, Texas, 73.3°
- Vero Beach, Florida, 73.2°
- Tampa, Florida, 73.1° (surprise, surprise!)
Note that this doesn't mean Florida is the hottest state. It just means we have the highest mean temperatures.
I'll be sleeping with the window open tonight. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake