coldest and hottest places in the USA
As I begin to write this at 7:45pm today, February 14 2009, the temperature outside my apartment in Tampa Florida is 67.8° F.
Just for fun I looked up what the coldest and hottest towns in the USA were, concentrating on the lower 48 states.
What was most interesting to me was the daily mean temperature in the course of a year.
The coldest mean temps are in:
- Mt. Washington, New Hampshire, 27.2°
- International Falls, Minnesota, 37.4°
- Marquette, Michigan, 38.7°
- Duluth, Minnesota, 39.1°
- Caribou, Maine, 39.2°
The hottest mean temps are in:
- Key West, Florida, 78.1°
- Miami, Florida, 76.7°
- Yuma, Arizona, 75.3°
- West Palm Beach, Florida, 75.3°
- Fort Myers, Florida, 74.9°
- Phoenix, Arizona, 74.2°
- Brownsville, Texas, 73.3°
- Vero Beach, Florida, 73.2°
- Tampa, Florida, 73.1° (surprise, surprise!)
Note that this doesn't mean Florida is the hottest state. It just means we have the highest mean temperatures.
I'll be sleeping with the window open tonight. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)