Contestant number 2
The first place I was going to look at in Mystic Connecticut is not going to happen, the cost is too high. I found out that loans for smaller amounts have much higher interest rates and it's more than I can handle.
For example, a $150,000.00 loan with 30-year fixed rate you can get for about 5.75 to 6%. To the best of my knowledge this is as good as you can get.
Anything under the 100k mark (or thereabouts) and you'll get socked with a high interest rate of 7 to 8 percent or higher(!) Hence, I wasn't able to afford the Mystic place.
I am now looking towards Norwich CT. Prices are much lower, so that will accommodate for the higher interest rate, plus I'll be able to pay off the loan a lot faster. Norwich may not be my first choice for where I want to live, but who knows, maybe I'll like it. We'll see what happens after I check the place out.
12 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)