CS server down (maybe for good)
Remember how I was all happy about the CS server running great? Not anymore, it broke again, and I know why: Lou continually messes around with things he shouldn't be on that box. It seems that every other night I hear "Oh I wanted to try [this] or [that]" and the result of those actions is a blown up server.. again. To note: It's not Linux's fault and it's not HLDS' fault either. It's Lou. If he left the box the way it is - nothing would break. Yet he continues to "try" things. Bad idea.
Personally speaking I have more than enough experience under my belt concerning setting up a proper HLDS (Half-Life Dedicated Server). I can install Windows or Linux versions easily and also do any add-ons necessary like AdminMod or AMX. I know my installation was not "bad" because it was basically all stock.
So anyway, unless the server magically comes up I'm not starting it again. Definitely got more important things to do than babysit a server that someone keeps breaking over and over.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years