CS server down (maybe for good)
Remember how I was all happy about the CS server running great? Not anymore, it broke again, and I know why: Lou continually messes around with things he shouldn't be on that box. It seems that every other night I hear "Oh I wanted to try [this] or [that]" and the result of those actions is a blown up server.. again. To note: It's not Linux's fault and it's not HLDS' fault either. It's Lou. If he left the box the way it is - nothing would break. Yet he continues to "try" things. Bad idea.
Personally speaking I have more than enough experience under my belt concerning setting up a proper HLDS (Half-Life Dedicated Server). I can install Windows or Linux versions easily and also do any add-ons necessary like AdminMod or AMX. I know my installation was not "bad" because it was basically all stock.
So anyway, unless the server magically comes up I'm not starting it again. Definitely got more important things to do than babysit a server that someone keeps breaking over and over.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see