CS server down (maybe for good)
Remember how I was all happy about the CS server running great? Not anymore, it broke again, and I know why: Lou continually messes around with things he shouldn't be on that box. It seems that every other night I hear "Oh I wanted to try [this] or [that]" and the result of those actions is a blown up server.. again. To note: It's not Linux's fault and it's not HLDS' fault either. It's Lou. If he left the box the way it is - nothing would break. Yet he continues to "try" things. Bad idea.
Personally speaking I have more than enough experience under my belt concerning setting up a proper HLDS (Half-Life Dedicated Server). I can install Windows or Linux versions easily and also do any add-ons necessary like AdminMod or AMX. I know my installation was not "bad" because it was basically all stock.
So anyway, unless the server magically comes up I'm not starting it again. Definitely got more important things to do than babysit a server that someone keeps breaking over and over.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Do you save any money buying a guitar when the market is bad?
- Guitar variety packs that are smart buys
- Ibanez has the best green of 2020 (so far...)
- Modern natural done right: Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK
- D'Angelico Deluxe Atlantic is a crazy good value
- SX Liquid would be a great guitar...
- Natural finish done right: Gretsch Streamliner in Village Amber
- Are guitar necks getting worse?
- Everything you wanted to know about how to shim a guitar neck
- The Korg GA30 tuner is still useful