CS server down (maybe for good)
Remember how I was all happy about the CS server running great? Not anymore, it broke again, and I know why: Lou continually messes around with things he shouldn't be on that box. It seems that every other night I hear "Oh I wanted to try [this] or [that]" and the result of those actions is a blown up server.. again. To note: It's not Linux's fault and it's not HLDS' fault either. It's Lou. If he left the box the way it is - nothing would break. Yet he continues to "try" things. Bad idea.
Personally speaking I have more than enough experience under my belt concerning setting up a proper HLDS (Half-Life Dedicated Server). I can install Windows or Linux versions easily and also do any add-ons necessary like AdminMod or AMX. I know my installation was not "bad" because it was basically all stock.
So anyway, unless the server magically comes up I'm not starting it again. Definitely got more important things to do than babysit a server that someone keeps breaking over and over.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984