CS server down (maybe for good)
Remember how I was all happy about the CS server running great? Not anymore, it broke again, and I know why: Lou continually messes around with things he shouldn't be on that box. It seems that every other night I hear "Oh I wanted to try [this] or [that]" and the result of those actions is a blown up server.. again. To note: It's not Linux's fault and it's not HLDS' fault either. It's Lou. If he left the box the way it is - nothing would break. Yet he continues to "try" things. Bad idea.
Personally speaking I have more than enough experience under my belt concerning setting up a proper HLDS (Half-Life Dedicated Server). I can install Windows or Linux versions easily and also do any add-ons necessary like AdminMod or AMX. I know my installation was not "bad" because it was basically all stock.
So anyway, unless the server magically comes up I'm not starting it again. Definitely got more important things to do than babysit a server that someone keeps breaking over and over.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?