curses! it's the fuzz!
It's 2 o'clock in the morning on a Sunday (actually Monday but let's not get technical) night and I'm bored so I figured I might as well pick up a few things at the Wal-Mart. I visit two Wal-Marts around Tampa. Both are closed, including one labeled as "SuperCenter" (and those are always supposed to be 24-hr).
So I start driving home. I get on Busch Boulevard and a cop is trailing me. I say to myself Okay, no big deal.. but then the lights go on.
I pull into a Walgreen's parking lot where not one but two cruisers pull along side. Before the officers come up to my car, I stick both hands out the window.
Why are you showing us your hands?
Being from Connecticut this was a weird statement to hear, because CT cops know exactly why anyone would do that.
Well, you guys have a dangerous job..?
Fair enough! he replies.
He also asked if I was carrying (as in carrying a firearm), which I don't because I don't own a gun or any other weapons. In FL it is very common for residents to carry.
Anyway, long story short: A guy driving around Tampa at two in the morning with Connecticut plates just might cause a lil' bit of suspicion. (grin)
The cops were cool, told me to get my plates changed over to FL tags a.s.a.p. and let me on my way. Not a hair-raising experience by any means.
And in case you were wondering about the whole hands-out-the-window thing, I did it because a) it was the middle of the night and b) to let the officers know I could be safely approached. It makes their job ten times easier when they know you're not going to do anything stupid.
If memory serves correctly, the is the fifth time I've been pulled over in my fifteen (at present) years of driving. My track record is pretty darn good, eh? 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago