d-burg stuff, youtube stuff
A mystery solved: I found out thru chatting with a friend on the phone that Killingly Cinemas 3 a.k.a. what was formerly known as "Hoyt's Cinemas" shut down. Then reopened. Then shut down again. Then reopened again. That place changes ownership more than I change my frickin' socks.
The sad part is that KC3 is the only place local to there for movies. Otherwise you'd have to travel at least a good 15 to 20 minutes to find another theater.
I've checked out some other video services besides YouTube but there lies one huge problem - I have to re-upload all my videos again. And I don't want to do that because it wastes massive amounts of time.
But I also don't want to deal with the YouTube community b.s. either.
Solution: Turn off all e-mail notifications.
I will still be posting vids to YouTube whenever the mood strikes me. However I have purposely turned off any type of event notification the site would send me. If someone comments on a vid of mine, I'll never see it. If someone subscribes to my channel, I'll never see it. If I get sent a private message, I'll never see it blah blah you get the idea.
YouTube is one of those things where if you use it solely for posting videos and participate in none of community crapola, it's not a bad place. If someone wants to write some "hater" commentary, let 'em.
As widespread as the YouTube site is, the truth of the matter is that if someone "goes after you" in the form of a comment, video response or whatever - no one cares. It doesn't what anyone says in your direction as long as it doesn't bother you. And yes, I was guilty of letting it bother me.
Turning off event notifications is the easiest way to avoid all that 100%. Now I don't worry about it.
And I also don't have to re-upload my videos either. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see