dead monte carlo
Although my sister arrived safely from Massachusetts, her car didn't fare out so well.
Just before she left, she had a transmission service done; a basic flush and fill. Not a big deal.
The moron who performed the work conveniently forgot to place a seal back on the automatic transmission, and all the tranny fluid leaked out. No fluid = no lubrication = busted transmission.
The car was brought to a proper (as in ASE certified) transmission shop yesterday just outside of Inverness. The bill for repairs is over $3000. Yeah. Ouch.
Being that the problem originated due to a mechanic's screw-up, I told my sister to let the insurance companies (as in hers and the auto-idiot's place) duke it out. Hopefully she'll fare out okay. Either the car will be fixed or she'll be compensated enough to get another car.
In the event she needs a new ride, she's in the right place for it. Florida sells tons of cars. I recommend to anyone that if you're in the market for a car, shop here. If a car sells for $25,000 up north, it's $19,000 here - or less. No joke.
I told my sister that it's just a car. It wasn't like she owned a Corvette or a DeLorean. Just a plain jane Monte Carlo. Cars can be replaced. Better that she's in good shape (although a bit shaken up from the whole ordeal) and the car is busted, rather than her busted and the car in good shape.
Not a very happy Christmas for my sister, but as they say, all things happen for a reason. Maybe this is an indicator that she's supposed to stay in Florida.
-- update --
Auto-idiot very quickly agreed to incur all costs for fixing the car, even if his insurance doesn't completely cover the damage. Should be fixed after the holiday.
More articles to check out
- Fender Player Telecaster Limited Edition - CHEAP
- The NTTA Texas toll road experience
- Spalted maple wood guitars - why is this still a thing?
- Half a terabyte of tiny storage is cheap now
- The three watches I wear the most
- Dumb guitar on the moment: The light-up acrylic SG
- You really can't beat the value of a Glarry guitar
- Ovation acoustic clone for ridiculously cheap price
- Is a slide rule bezel on an aviation watch worthless?
- Glarry GTL Semi-Hollow Body guitar review