dead monte carlo
Although my sister arrived safely from Massachusetts, her car didn't fare out so well.
Just before she left, she had a transmission service done; a basic flush and fill. Not a big deal.
The moron who performed the work conveniently forgot to place a seal back on the automatic transmission, and all the tranny fluid leaked out. No fluid = no lubrication = busted transmission.
The car was brought to a proper (as in ASE certified) transmission shop yesterday just outside of Inverness. The bill for repairs is over $3000. Yeah. Ouch.
Being that the problem originated due to a mechanic's screw-up, I told my sister to let the insurance companies (as in hers and the auto-idiot's place) duke it out. Hopefully she'll fare out okay. Either the car will be fixed or she'll be compensated enough to get another car.
In the event she needs a new ride, she's in the right place for it. Florida sells tons of cars. I recommend to anyone that if you're in the market for a car, shop here. If a car sells for $25,000 up north, it's $19,000 here - or less. No joke.
I told my sister that it's just a car. It wasn't like she owned a Corvette or a DeLorean. Just a plain jane Monte Carlo. Cars can be replaced. Better that she's in good shape (although a bit shaken up from the whole ordeal) and the car is busted, rather than her busted and the car in good shape.
Not a very happy Christmas for my sister, but as they say, all things happen for a reason. Maybe this is an indicator that she's supposed to stay in Florida.
-- update --
Auto-idiot very quickly agreed to incur all costs for fixing the car, even if his insurance doesn't completely cover the damage. Should be fixed after the holiday.
More articles to check out
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake