Do not adjust your monitors, citizens!
PHP never ceases to amaze me, truly. Today I discovered the wondeful function of imagettftext which allows PHP to physically create an image from a TrueType Font file (when used along with imagecreate). How frickin' cool is that.
Not one to pass up on such an opportunity, I made all the article headers here as graphic PNG files. The best thing is that these files are tiny, so it doesn't alienate dial-up users hardly at all.
I personally think it's pretty cool. 😉 Maybe someday I'll take them off and go back to text - but as it stands I really like the way they look. I also like the way I can choose ANY FONT I WANT and it will display EXACTLY they way I want it to. Cheers to PHP once again. Yee-haw.
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed