do you have a streetpilot that will not boot?
If you have a "c" series StreetPilot (c330, c340, c550, c580, etc.) that absolutely positively will not start no matter what you do - you should read this.
I officially scared the crap out of myself by messing around in the diagnostic section of the StreetPilot c580, exiting (properly), then the unit shut off and would not restart.
I plugged in the USB. No boot.
I plugged in the charger. No boot.
I cracked off the front plate cover and hit the reset button (which works 99% of the time). No boot.
Oh crap. Did I just bust my StreetPilot?
As a guy that doesn't give up easily, I cracked off the front plate, took off the four screws, pulled the unit apart, manually disconnected the battery, waited a few seconds, then reconnected.
I hit the power button, and...
Wow, what a relief.
This taught me not to go messing around in the diagnostic section of the StreetPilot. Evidently I did something I shouldn't have and locked up the unit so bad that a manual battery disconnect/reconnect was the only way to fix it.
And no I didn't lose any of the data in the c580. All my waypoints and POIs were still there.
But that was a really close call - I could have very easily busted the unit.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see