do you have a streetpilot that will not boot?
If you have a "c" series StreetPilot (c330, c340, c550, c580, etc.) that absolutely positively will not start no matter what you do - you should read this.
I officially scared the crap out of myself by messing around in the diagnostic section of the StreetPilot c580, exiting (properly), then the unit shut off and would not restart.
I plugged in the USB. No boot.
I plugged in the charger. No boot.
I cracked off the front plate cover and hit the reset button (which works 99% of the time). No boot.
Oh crap. Did I just bust my StreetPilot?
As a guy that doesn't give up easily, I cracked off the front plate, took off the four screws, pulled the unit apart, manually disconnected the battery, waited a few seconds, then reconnected.
I hit the power button, and...
Wow, what a relief.
This taught me not to go messing around in the diagnostic section of the StreetPilot. Evidently I did something I shouldn't have and locked up the unit so bad that a manual battery disconnect/reconnect was the only way to fix it.
And no I didn't lose any of the data in the c580. All my waypoints and POIs were still there.
But that was a really close call - I could have very easily busted the unit.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago