done the metal thing, time for more blues stuff
I decided to go with mostly hard rock/metal songs with my First album as a fan service. A while ago I asked them what they wanted to hear on the first release and gave them the choice between rock and blues. They chose rock. I pretty much knew that was going to be the answer, but I wanted to be sure.
For the upcoming singles, they're going to be blues-based using my own personal flavor. It's tough to describe the sound as it's a mix of styles that is, well, me. If you've watched some of my videos where I play blues-ish stuff, you've already heard it.
Rock/Metal is cool and all that, but I appreciate that you can't hide behind distortion and effects when playing blues. And there's no technology that makes one a better blues player. Like jazz, there's a certain finesse to it, if you will. Aside from all that, I just feel happier when playing blues stuff. There are times when I'm just messing around with some riffs, hit a certain blues note and think, "Wow. I like that." That's pretty much what it's all about, and I'm going to try and capture some of that in my upcoming singles releases.
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time