done the metal thing, time for more blues stuff
I decided to go with mostly hard rock/metal songs with my First album as a fan service. A while ago I asked them what they wanted to hear on the first release and gave them the choice between rock and blues. They chose rock. I pretty much knew that was going to be the answer, but I wanted to be sure.
For the upcoming singles, they're going to be blues-based using my own personal flavor. It's tough to describe the sound as it's a mix of styles that is, well, me. If you've watched some of my videos where I play blues-ish stuff, you've already heard it.
Rock/Metal is cool and all that, but I appreciate that you can't hide behind distortion and effects when playing blues. And there's no technology that makes one a better blues player. Like jazz, there's a certain finesse to it, if you will. Aside from all that, I just feel happier when playing blues stuff. There are times when I'm just messing around with some riffs, hit a certain blues note and think, "Wow. I like that." That's pretty much what it's all about, and I'm going to try and capture some of that in my upcoming singles releases.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?