Don't chant my name
I have a last name like any other American. Like most Americans, I prefer not to have my last name made fun of. Those who know me know what my last name is. Those who don't know... well, let's just say it's staring you in the face right now. 🙂
Seriously, though.. Some guy at work today decided to chant my name. When I say "chant", I mean that absolutely sickening and annoying way of saying someone's name as a battle cry, like "pe-ter-son! pe-ter-son! pe-ter-son!", but the intention is not to cheer on - the intention is to annoy. And this guy annoyed me. It was annoying enough that he chanted my name. It was even more annoying that he was pronouncing my last name WRONG.
ARHGHGHGHHH... if you're going to do something like that, do it RIGHT.
All is not lost however. I did yap at him later for it, and made sure about 15 other employees heard it.. "SAY MY NAME RIGHT - YOU MORON!", and then proceeded to pronounce my last name really s-l-o-w-l-y for him. Yeah, it embarrassed him good - that was the point.
My last name is only two syllables and has GOT to be one of the easiest names in the world to pronounce. It AMAZES ME that people STILL screw it up.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?