DVD Authoring and possible new movie in the works
Due to a screw-up by my Pop my only existing VHS copy of Frosted TV was erased. I was ticked off. Really ticked off. This means the only copy I had left was burnt to six CD's (this was in the days before I had DVD-burn capability). Each CD's file was put together to create one monster 15GB DV AVI file.
As I was attempting to copy CD #4 to my computer it had a tiny read error that prevented the file from being copied. I freaked out. I then used Nero Burning ROM to attempt to make a copy of that disc guessing that it would overlook that small read error - and it did.
After that I spent all night learning DVD Authoring. I tried out several different programs and then finally found a method that worked for me where I could author it menu/sub-menu style like "Play Movie" and "Scenes" and "Bonus Features". Speaking of which, I was able to figure out how to make subtitles. That kicks ass.
After I finally got a version of Frosted TV that I liked, I called Ben up and informed him I would be sending him a copy. Him and I talked for a while and are considering making the comedy movie that we've been talking about for years. A lot of ideas are flying around right now, and hey, maybe I'll actually get to do it, who knows.
Further bulletins as events warrant on that one. 😉
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches