I just tried Google Earth for the first time. Wow, what a nice piece of software. It's very Cool McCool (grin). The 3D views are great, it's super-easy to use and it's actually useful. And it's free which is nice. For twenty bucks a year I can plug my GPS into it. Hmm... maybe later. 🙂
For fun I tracked where I used to live and then where I now. It zooOOOooms up a few hundred miles, traverses the east coast and them zooOOOooms back to the destination. I know.. sounds weird when I describe it like that, but that's the only way I can say it in words.
Some of the zoom views are like the stuff I saw at the Boston Museum of Science when I was a kid. And now.. it's on my computer.
The future is cool, what can I say. We're living in it right now.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches