I was checking out guitar videos on YouTube and came across one that showed Nuno Bettencourt playing riffs. Then I wondered what happened to the band Extreme (that's the band he was in).
Before continuing, let me tell you why I looked up info on how this band is doing.
Extreme was the band in the day as far as musicians were concerned. Even the hardcore metalhead dudes said things like "Yeah, they're okay" which translates to "I'm a metalhead so I can't say I like Extreme but they're really cool and awesome musicians". All the guys who were oh-so-metal couldn't deny the fact that yes, this band wrecked in a very good way.
Well evidently the band is back together (3 of the original members anyway) and sound pretty much the same way they did in the 90s. According to their MySpace page they've got gigs lined all over the place so I guess they're doing all right. And a new album will appear in August. Will it sell? No clue. Time will tell on that one.
For a bunch of guys in their 40s they do well.
This also makes me realize that at the time they gained first success they were in their early 30s.
This makes me feel young. 🙂
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches