I was checking out guitar videos on YouTube and came across one that showed Nuno Bettencourt playing riffs. Then I wondered what happened to the band Extreme (that's the band he was in).
Before continuing, let me tell you why I looked up info on how this band is doing.
Extreme was the band in the day as far as musicians were concerned. Even the hardcore metalhead dudes said things like "Yeah, they're okay" which translates to "I'm a metalhead so I can't say I like Extreme but they're really cool and awesome musicians". All the guys who were oh-so-metal couldn't deny the fact that yes, this band wrecked in a very good way.
Well evidently the band is back together (3 of the original members anyway) and sound pretty much the same way they did in the 90s. According to their MySpace page they've got gigs lined all over the place so I guess they're doing all right. And a new album will appear in August. Will it sell? No clue. Time will tell on that one.
For a bunch of guys in their 40s they do well.
This also makes me realize that at the time they gained first success they were in their early 30s.
This makes me feel young. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see