first attempt at garmin downloaded map update
I know I've been going GPS crazy in the last few posts, but whatever.. deal with it. 🙂
Right now as I write this I'm doing a first: A Garmin GPS map data update via an internet download.
This is what it looks like:
What happened is that when I registered my nüvi 270 at my.garmin.com it notified me that there was a map update and I had 59 days to use it, so I said "okay" and went for it.
The download was 2.5GB which took just a little over 45 minutes to finish. And the update is proceeding as I write this.
If all goes well I will have the most current map data set and everything will be okey-dokey.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches