four twenty five oh, seven!
more computery crap
My motherboard, hard drive, RAM and video card arrived yesterday. Everything looks good, save for one thing: The power connector off the power supply doesn't fit the motherboard. It's a 20-pin. I need a 24-pin. So I need to head out to a computer place to pick up a 20-to-24 pin adapter. My Intel Core 2 Duo is arriving today anyway, so no big deal.
the glowing box
A friend of mine told me yesterday that modern television sucks. I guess that sometimes you need to be exposed to several hours of television to realize how bad it can be.
You'd be surprised how easy it is to give up television entirely. It's simple: Don't have cable tv. I haven't for over a year. Nowhere in my psyche do I have any television withdrawal, and never have.
One thing I'm very well aware of but don't necessarily pay attention to that often is the sheer amount of advertising in and around Tampa. Whilst driving around yesterday afternoon I looked around a bit and perused the tons of billboards, banners, signs and so on.
I full well understand I live in tourist-ville, but that's what I wanted. I wanted to live in a place that was the opposite of my stomping grounds, and that's what I got.
And I like that. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed