I unsubscribed from the newsgroups I've been currently reading. Found that I was gettin' a bit snarky in there. For those familiar with the main helpdesk usenet newsgroup, put it this way.. read it long enough and you'll get snarky yourself. Reason? People keep asking the same questions over and over and over, like...
"IE doesn't work."
"Can't send mail."
"Can't receive mail."
Et cetera. The best recent post was "How do I clean my keyboard?" Of course, the best response is "Get a new keyboard". Snark extreme. Or maybe you see a post like "My Windows is slow". Classic response is "Use Linux instead" or "Buy a new computer".
You get the idea.
It's not that the regulars in the newsgroups aren't smart. They're just sick of hearing the same questions over and over again that anyone could figure out just by doing a Google search.
I figured I'd cut out of there before I get too sarcastic. It's best if I just yap about stuff on my own site instead. 😉
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984