I unsubscribed from the newsgroups I've been currently reading. Found that I was gettin' a bit snarky in there. For those familiar with the main helpdesk usenet newsgroup, put it this way.. read it long enough and you'll get snarky yourself. Reason? People keep asking the same questions over and over and over, like...
"IE doesn't work."
"Can't send mail."
"Can't receive mail."
Et cetera. The best recent post was "How do I clean my keyboard?" Of course, the best response is "Get a new keyboard". Snark extreme. Or maybe you see a post like "My Windows is slow". Classic response is "Use Linux instead" or "Buy a new computer".
You get the idea.
It's not that the regulars in the newsgroups aren't smart. They're just sick of hearing the same questions over and over again that anyone could figure out just by doing a Google search.
I figured I'd cut out of there before I get too sarcastic. It's best if I just yap about stuff on my own site instead. 😉
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see