Getting the green back button in Firefox
In Windows XP, the default theme in Firefox, called Strata, looks like this:
In Windows 7 however, Strata looks like this:
What are the differences?
In XP, Strata has green directional buttons, a blue refresh button and a gold home button. In 7, everything is blue. Even the background of the menu is this stupid light sky blue.
The reason this sucks is because we were all very used to the way Firefox looked. It was a familiarity we all liked, but then Mozilla had to go and screw it all up by making the browser "feel better" (but not really) by having it "more closely integrated" with the look of the OS it was installed on. Stupid move on their part.
This looks so much better because it brings back the familiar look we all like.
Unfortunately this probably won't last long. Firefox 4 is due in November and this theme probably won't work in it, but whatever I guess. I'll enjoy it while I can.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing