how florida weather messes with my head
The high today was around 68-ish, but less than 3 days ago the was mid-40s. It was a short few days, granted, but it was cold.
I've been living here almost 5 years and the weather here still sends me for a loop every so often. The deal is that when it gets cold outside, I expect it to stay cold for several months. That's 30 years of New England living kicking in when my brain thinks that. After it warms up, New England thinking kicks in again and my brain says, "Well, this won't last long because it'll be bitter cold tomorrow", but it stays warm. Nice bonus, to be sure, but you'd think that after 5 years I'd stop thinking like that.
At least I don't do that thing anymore where I ran the A/C so cold that I was shivering in my own apartment because it felt normal. Yes, I really did do that for the first two years I was here. Thankfully these days I don't and my electric bill is much smaller. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago