how florida weather messes with my head
The high today was around 68-ish, but less than 3 days ago the was mid-40s. It was a short few days, granted, but it was cold.
I've been living here almost 5 years and the weather here still sends me for a loop every so often. The deal is that when it gets cold outside, I expect it to stay cold for several months. That's 30 years of New England living kicking in when my brain thinks that. After it warms up, New England thinking kicks in again and my brain says, "Well, this won't last long because it'll be bitter cold tomorrow", but it stays warm. Nice bonus, to be sure, but you'd think that after 5 years I'd stop thinking like that.
At least I don't do that thing anymore where I ran the A/C so cold that I was shivering in my own apartment because it felt normal. Yes, I really did do that for the first two years I was here. Thankfully these days I don't and my electric bill is much smaller. 🙂
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp