how i'm doing
It's going to be a while before I get used to the fact my father is gone. There have already been a few times where I'll see or read something and the "Oh, I should call Pop about th-- oh.. right" thing happens.
On Sunday I had a friend come over to help me move a treadmill into my apartment. After we did that, we sat and talked. Then we went out to eat. Then we went back to my place and talked some more. I'm glad I had someone to talk to. Truly.
At the end of this week I'm going galactic bowling with friends in St. Petersburg. I haven't been bowling in a very long time and thought it would be fun to do. In fact I think the last time I went bowling was with my father.
Facebook has been a great convenience in getting the word out about my father's passing. The plain truth is that those who were on Facebook got the news first. People don't email as much as they used to, instant messaging in passé and you can't mass-text as far as I know, so the ability to simply post a bulletin and disseminate information easily was a big help. This is an instance where Facebook truly made things a whole lot easier to deal with. Love or hate the FB system, it's darned efficient.
There's a bunch of stuff from my father I have in my possession that I haven't gone through yet. Some of it I have, but most I haven't because it's just too soon. Maybe in a week or so I'll get around to it. It's mostly documents and photos.
It's been rough writing articles for work this week. I'm muddling through it as best I can and will be back on track next week after my nerves settle down a bit.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see