i appreciate a contact form for the same reason i appreciate twitter/facebook
I use a contact form here for people to communicate with me primarily to prevent spambots harvesting my email address, however I do appreciate the fact that the following is true with a form:
- You cannot attach any files.
- You cannot show any images.
- You cannot customize the font.
- You cannot choose any custom font size.
- You cannot choose any custom font color.
Using a form is essentially just like text messaging. There is basically no possible way to screw it up, and that's awesome.
Both Twitter and Facebook use forms for all text communications. Thank God for this, because if people had the ability to attach files, show images and customize the font on those platforms, it would completely wreck the messaging system. I mean, c'mon, you know some dope would throw out a huge 36pt post in bright pink Comic Sans.
Formatted fonts have their place (like in documents and blogs), but not when it comes to messaging. I do sincerely appreciate it when people are forced to use plain text, because it has always been the best way to send electronic messages.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone