i appreciate a contact form for the same reason i appreciate twitter/facebook
I use a contact form here for people to communicate with me primarily to prevent spambots harvesting my email address, however I do appreciate the fact that the following is true with a form:
- You cannot attach any files.
- You cannot show any images.
- You cannot customize the font.
- You cannot choose any custom font size.
- You cannot choose any custom font color.
Using a form is essentially just like text messaging. There is basically no possible way to screw it up, and that's awesome.
Both Twitter and Facebook use forms for all text communications. Thank God for this, because if people had the ability to attach files, show images and customize the font on those platforms, it would completely wreck the messaging system. I mean, c'mon, you know some dope would throw out a huge 36pt post in bright pink Comic Sans.
Formatted fonts have their place (like in documents and blogs), but not when it comes to messaging. I do sincerely appreciate it when people are forced to use plain text, because it has always been the best way to send electronic messages.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing