I can't stand Facebook and blanked it with a clear conscience because that company just plain sucks when it comes to privacy.
I can't stand Twitter because now every single thing that's ever been posted there will be in the Library of Congress. Thaaaaaat's just ducky, so screw Twitter.
Just for grins I tried out identi.ca again. I have an account there that I signed up for back in 2008. The cool part is that there's a Firefox add-on that allows you to post updates right from the address bar, and I dig that a lot although I'm certain to try other ways of posting stuff there.
The deal is that I miss having the ability to post quick little updates when I don't feel like writing a whole blog post. Facebook and Twitter both suck so those are out, but identi.ca is still around and still doing well.
I don't know if I'll be using mine with any sort of regularity. We'll see.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp