I can't stand Facebook and blanked it with a clear conscience because that company just plain sucks when it comes to privacy.
I can't stand Twitter because now every single thing that's ever been posted there will be in the Library of Congress. Thaaaaaat's just ducky, so screw Twitter.
Just for grins I tried out identi.ca again. I have an account there that I signed up for back in 2008. The cool part is that there's a Firefox add-on that allows you to post updates right from the address bar, and I dig that a lot although I'm certain to try other ways of posting stuff there.
The deal is that I miss having the ability to post quick little updates when I don't feel like writing a whole blog post. Facebook and Twitter both suck so those are out, but identi.ca is still around and still doing well.
I don't know if I'll be using mine with any sort of regularity. We'll see.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?