I'll call you in 10 minutes
The telephone is a great invention, no doubt about it. I mean, think of it: You pick up a receiver, do a beep-bop-bop-beep-boop-boop-bop, the recipient's telephone rings, and you can have an audio conversation. How cool is that?
It's not cool when someone says "I'll call you back in 10 minutes" and it never happens.
This happened today. A friend and I were having a conversation, and he had to go and do something - then said "I'll call you back in 10 minutes." Ok, no problem. That was at 11am this morning. It's almost 10pm now. Ordinarily I wouldn't care about this, but, we were talking about something relatively important.
Now if my luck turns out to be the way it usually is, most likely the friend will call me tomorrow and I'll start cussing him out for not calling me when he said he would. Then he'll probably tell me something which will make me feel really guilty, like, "My cat died", and he'll be all bummed out about it. You watch. Then I'll think to myself "Well, I just made myself look like a bucket of crap. Again."
The phone sucks.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984