I'll call you in 10 minutes
The telephone is a great invention, no doubt about it. I mean, think of it: You pick up a receiver, do a beep-bop-bop-beep-boop-boop-bop, the recipient's telephone rings, and you can have an audio conversation. How cool is that?
It's not cool when someone says "I'll call you back in 10 minutes" and it never happens.
This happened today. A friend and I were having a conversation, and he had to go and do something - then said "I'll call you back in 10 minutes." Ok, no problem. That was at 11am this morning. It's almost 10pm now. Ordinarily I wouldn't care about this, but, we were talking about something relatively important.
Now if my luck turns out to be the way it usually is, most likely the friend will call me tomorrow and I'll start cussing him out for not calling me when he said he would. Then he'll probably tell me something which will make me feel really guilty, like, "My cat died", and he'll be all bummed out about it. You watch. Then I'll think to myself "Well, I just made myself look like a bucket of crap. Again."
The phone sucks.
More articles to check out
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar