I'll call you in 10 minutes
The telephone is a great invention, no doubt about it. I mean, think of it: You pick up a receiver, do a beep-bop-bop-beep-boop-boop-bop, the recipient's telephone rings, and you can have an audio conversation. How cool is that?
It's not cool when someone says "I'll call you back in 10 minutes" and it never happens.
This happened today. A friend and I were having a conversation, and he had to go and do something - then said "I'll call you back in 10 minutes." Ok, no problem. That was at 11am this morning. It's almost 10pm now. Ordinarily I wouldn't care about this, but, we were talking about something relatively important.
Now if my luck turns out to be the way it usually is, most likely the friend will call me tomorrow and I'll start cussing him out for not calling me when he said he would. Then he'll probably tell me something which will make me feel really guilty, like, "My cat died", and he'll be all bummed out about it. You watch. Then I'll think to myself "Well, I just made myself look like a bucket of crap. Again."
The phone sucks.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?