i'll pencil you in
Yesterday I got asked this question that went something like this:
Once you start making more friends, does that mean you'll stop hanging out with me?
I find that an odd question to be asked. Either you're hanging out with someone or you're not. While it's true the frequency of how often you hang out with someone changes periodically (because let's face it, everyone gets busy from time to time), I don't set any minimum amount of "hang-out time".
Sometimes you hang out with a friend twice a week. Or once a week. Or every two weeks. Maybe even once a month. As a general rule of thumb, men don't impose any hang-out minimums. When you're around, great. When you're not, I'll see you next time 'round. It's as simple and cut and dry as that. And yes, I can make that a blanket statement for all men.
Girls, on the other hand, seem to have these unspoken rules and crap..
Back up north, friends of mine never scheduled anything and I got used to that. The most scheduling that ever took place was to make a call, and if the friend was around, that friend came over or you went to the friend, hung out for a few hours, and.. that was it. No fuss, no muss.
A running joke I had with anyone who ever asked me..
Will you be around at [whatever time]?
Um.. hmm.. hold on, let me check my daily planner..
"Daily planner" was the joke. As if I'd ever use one of those. No, I'm not poking fun at anyone who does.. but I'm just not the type who uses one. I always think that if I ever used one, all the fun of doing anything would be sucked out of my life.
I like fun.
So I don't use one. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed