i'll pencil you in
Yesterday I got asked this question that went something like this:
Once you start making more friends, does that mean you'll stop hanging out with me?
I find that an odd question to be asked. Either you're hanging out with someone or you're not. While it's true the frequency of how often you hang out with someone changes periodically (because let's face it, everyone gets busy from time to time), I don't set any minimum amount of "hang-out time".
Sometimes you hang out with a friend twice a week. Or once a week. Or every two weeks. Maybe even once a month. As a general rule of thumb, men don't impose any hang-out minimums. When you're around, great. When you're not, I'll see you next time 'round. It's as simple and cut and dry as that. And yes, I can make that a blanket statement for all men.
Girls, on the other hand, seem to have these unspoken rules and crap..
Back up north, friends of mine never scheduled anything and I got used to that. The most scheduling that ever took place was to make a call, and if the friend was around, that friend came over or you went to the friend, hung out for a few hours, and.. that was it. No fuss, no muss.
A running joke I had with anyone who ever asked me..
Will you be around at [whatever time]?
Um.. hmm.. hold on, let me check my daily planner..
"Daily planner" was the joke. As if I'd ever use one of those. No, I'm not poking fun at anyone who does.. but I'm just not the type who uses one. I always think that if I ever used one, all the fun of doing anything would be sucked out of my life.
I like fun.
So I don't use one. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see