I'm just all phpBB'ized now.. boo-yah
I have dumped TypeKey as fast as I signed up for it, more or less. I just really don't like it when you have to host any "feature" of your site on another site. To me that makes no sense. What if that other site goes down? THEN what do you do? Nothin', that's what. You're screwed.
In addition to that, I have always liked phpBB. I've been using it since version 2.04. Well programmed software, great community support all around. Granted, it has had its fare share of bugs over the years, but, they have all been attended to quickly so I really can't complain about it. While it takes other software programmers months to release a patch, the phpBB team usually has any major patches deployed in record time, so kudos to them.
So anyway, from a nerdy/geeky/whatever point of view, this is nothing but cool. I now have my favorite bbs and my favorite blog system combined into one (sorta kinda but good enough).
Oh, and I was able to get it to work with MT 3.16. Cool beans.
I still have some minor cosmetic crap to work out but it does work and works very well.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing