I'm the tortoise
Around half past 10 o'clock this morning my broadband internet decided to stop working. I thought it might have been my router but then I noticed the cablemodem itself had no signal. I called the cable company and they said that everything was fine on their end, but for some reason they absolutely could not reach my cablemodem. I asked if I had done anything wrong which violated the terms of service and they said nope, I was okay and hadn't done anything to raise any red flags. If I did, they would have told me. I've only been shut off one time previously and that was before I had a router, which was a loooooong time ago.
The tech support people checked and re-checked, forced off the account and forced it on again but no dice. I said okay, I'll go buy another cablemodem. Maybe it died.
About an hour later I come back with a new cablemodem, called up tech support to activate it and no dice. Same problem.
A tech will be coming to the house Monday to check it out. Yeah. Monday. I'll be without broadband for about three days. This means my Vonage phone is out of commission until then and my online experience will be at snail speeds.
Right now I'm using my backup dial-up account to check e-mail and do things with this site and whatever. It sucks, but I can muddle along. Minor inconvenience at best.
Fortunately I'll be moving soon, so even if my broadband doesn't get fixed, it will be very short-lived because I'll have a new broadband provider soon enough.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago