Internet Exploder is junk!
Let me say first that I am very diligent about eliminating spyware from my computer. I run Ad-Aware, Bazooka Spyware Scanner and a few other programs to get rid of any instance of spyware programs that may pop in my computer from time to time.
Recently, my Internet Exploder started having random pop-up windows with advertisements appear. Ran Ad-Aware, updated it and it found nothing. Ran Bazooka Spyware Scanner, updated, and it found nothing. Ran a few other programs, nothing was found - yet the popups still appeared. Seems to only happen when the browser is running.
This ticked me off something fierce because I try so hard to not have any spyware at all, and now I have pop-ups happening but I don't know where they're coming from. ARARHARHGHGHGHGHHH...
So I said "to hell with IE, I'm using FireFox instead!" Been running it for a few days now. Guess what, no popups. As a matter of fact, I've had absolutely no problems with annoying ads at all, this browser is a beautiful thing. (grin)
I have this browser installed on both my computers and it's staying. I removed the icon for IE from my taskbar and will only use it if a particular site has to have IE in order to view properly (fortunately there aren't too many of those).
Long live FireFox, I hope it stays around for a long long time.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp