Internet Exploder is junk!
Let me say first that I am very diligent about eliminating spyware from my computer. I run Ad-Aware, Bazooka Spyware Scanner and a few other programs to get rid of any instance of spyware programs that may pop in my computer from time to time.
Recently, my Internet Exploder started having random pop-up windows with advertisements appear. Ran Ad-Aware, updated it and it found nothing. Ran Bazooka Spyware Scanner, updated, and it found nothing. Ran a few other programs, nothing was found - yet the popups still appeared. Seems to only happen when the browser is running.
This ticked me off something fierce because I try so hard to not have any spyware at all, and now I have pop-ups happening but I don't know where they're coming from. ARARHARHGHGHGHGHHH...
So I said "to hell with IE, I'm using FireFox instead!" Been running it for a few days now. Guess what, no popups. As a matter of fact, I've had absolutely no problems with annoying ads at all, this browser is a beautiful thing. (grin)
I have this browser installed on both my computers and it's staying. I removed the icon for IE from my taskbar and will only use it if a particular site has to have IE in order to view properly (fortunately there aren't too many of those).
Long live FireFox, I hope it stays around for a long long time.
More articles to check out
- Is a slide rule bezel on an aviation watch worthless?
- Glarry GTL Semi-Hollow Body guitar review
- Owning the best budget chronograph watch, Casio MTP4500D
- $100,000 worth of vintage Gibson Les Paul guitars
- The 7 best Fender guitar colors for 2021
- Casio MTP4500D - a great chronograph watch nobody knows about
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?