Internet Exploder is junk!
Let me say first that I am very diligent about eliminating spyware from my computer. I run Ad-Aware, Bazooka Spyware Scanner and a few other programs to get rid of any instance of spyware programs that may pop in my computer from time to time.
Recently, my Internet Exploder started having random pop-up windows with advertisements appear. Ran Ad-Aware, updated it and it found nothing. Ran Bazooka Spyware Scanner, updated, and it found nothing. Ran a few other programs, nothing was found - yet the popups still appeared. Seems to only happen when the browser is running.
This pissed me off something fierce because I try so hard to not have any spyware at all, and now I have pop-ups happening but I don't know where they're coming from. ARARHARHGHGHGHGHHH...
So I said "to hell with IE, I'm using FireFox instead!" Been running it for a few days now. Guess what, no popups. As a matter of fact, I've had absolutely no problems with annoying ads at all, this browser is a beautiful thing. (grin)
I have this browser installed on both my computers and it's staying. I removed the icon for IE from my taskbar and will only use it if a particular site has to have IE in order to view properly (fortunately there aren't too many of those).
Long live FireFox, I hope it stays around for a long long time.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years