Knoppix on my PC
Decided to try out Knoppix just to see if a "Live on CD" Linux would really work.
Well, it really does. 🙂
My only stumble initially was to get an LCD display to display properly. I found I could get the native resolution just by typing fb1280x1024 and the proper res showed up. Cool beans. No fuss, no muss.
Everything detected quite nicely and my USB devices showed up without a problem (however, you do have to remember to mount/unmount).
Nice to know I have an alternative OS I just boot from a CD-ROM!!! Neato mosquito.
More articles to check out
- Back when a 3.5" screen was good enough (and still is)
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed