Knoppix on my PC
Decided to try out Knoppix just to see if a "Live on CD" Linux would really work.
Well, it really does. 🙂
My only stumble initially was to get an LCD display to display properly. I found I could get the native resolution just by typing fb1280x1024 and the proper res showed up. Cool beans. No fuss, no muss.
Everything detected quite nicely and my USB devices showed up without a problem (however, you do have to remember to mount/unmount).
Nice to know I have an alternative OS I just boot from a CD-ROM!!! Neato mosquito.
13 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture