A few changes are coming soon to menga.net so I'm writing this to alert my readers so they don't freak out.
The blog will remain mostly the same but I'm going to divide the site into separate (sorta/kinda) sections for easier access. It's really difficult to describe how these sections will work, but once you see them you'll say "Oh. This is really easy." Yeah, that's the whole point. 🙂
Recently I've been checking out some of the more popular tech bloggers out there and it's my feeling they've got their design wrong. And I mean completely wrong. These supposedly smart guys who use all the social media they can possibly get their grubby mitts on moosh it into their personal web sites. And yeah, it's a big pile of mush turning their sites into slow-loading behemoths that tick people off left and right.
These guys embed everything. Flickr, YouTube, Ustream, blah blah frickin' blah. WRONG. Haven't these guys ever heard of text links? You know.. hyperlinks? Yeah, those things. Evidently this is a foreign concept to tech bloggers. Social media tries so desperately to make sites that load nice'n'quick and are easy to use. But then the tech guys MASH all this stuff into a sidebar.
Link it. That's what links are for. If you want to identify the links easily, put a little icon next to it. Really, really simple guys.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one