Some announcements (possible live stream coming!)
There are going to be some new things coming soon, and here are the details on that.
Better DigiTech JamMan Solo XT Manual
People have been asking me off and on when this book will be finished, and I can now give the definitive answer of "soon". And I'm not talking about months nor many weeks. I mean soon. As in real soon. As in less than 2 weeks.
Long time readers of mine know that I had a newsletter but dropped it, mainly because of technical crapola issues. Well, times have changed and I'm giving a newsletter another go. However, this time I'm using an actual newsletter service (it's MailChimp for those interested) so things run smoothly with no issues.
I have a barebones signup page if you want to get in on this early. I don't ask for people's names or anything like that. All that's required is an email address.
I like to talk, so recording podcasts and/or vlogs is something I actually enjoy. People have been requesting me to do this for some time now, so right now I'm in the "considering it" phase.
Email me if you like and let me know your opinion on that.
YouTube Live Stream
If you've been following me for a really long time, some of you may remember when I used to do a show for a tech site back in the 2000s. And people did enjoy it. What I used back then was a service called Ustream.tv (which is now IBM Cloud Video.)
Anyway, the point is that I used to do a weekly live stream where people could watch, have live chat, ask me questions and so on.
I have had the ability to stream YouTube live shows for a while now but have never done it. That may change and I might give that a go as well.
There are some things I have to iron out to see if I have the appropriate hardware to even get a live stream working. I think I'll be able to.
This is what I suggest to anyone interested in being part of my first YouTube live stream.
- To be notified early via the newsletter I'm about to start,
- To be notified directly via YouTube, subscribe to my channel.
- Check back here from time to time to see what's up.
As far as what type of live stream it will be, it will be a combination of my opinions of things and some question/answer stuff for whoever wants to ask me anything.
More than a few of you out there have been wanting to interact with me personally live, and the live show will be your chance to do it.
At this point I do not know when the stream will be. But I will try to pick a time that's good for most people, including those not in the USA. I will also see about archiving the shows so people who can't see them live can watch them later.
See you soon!
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone