Mac OSes and Sony PlayStation startup sound
The first startup sound I ever heard a game console make was from the Sega Genesis. When I heard that "SE-GA!" with the blue SEGA logo appear, I said, "Damn.. this is some serious stuff!"
What blew me away however was the intro sound for the original Sony Playstation when you first turned it on. It's a very long intro that's almost 20 seconds long, looks big and sounds big. Some call it scary. I don't. I thought it was awesome:
When you saw and heard that, you said, "OH, YEAH! NICE!"
This sound is so loved that some guy did two mock-ups of what MacOS and OS X would look like if they had the Sony PlayStation startup sound.
They're old, but came out quite good:
The mock for OS X:
I'm not a Mac guy at all, but I like these a lot.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
copyright ©MCMLXXV-MMXXI menga.net