Mac OSes and Sony PlayStation startup sound
The first startup sound I ever heard a game console make was from the Sega Genesis. When I heard that "SE-GA!" with the blue SEGA logo appear, I said, "Damn.. this is some serious stuff!"
What blew me away however was the intro sound for the original Sony Playstation when you first turned it on. It's a very long intro that's almost 20 seconds long, looks big and sounds big. Some call it scary. I don't. I thought it was awesome:
When you saw and heard that, you said, "OH, YEAH! NICE!"
This sound is so loved that some guy did two mock-ups of what MacOS and OS X would look like if they had the Sony PlayStation startup sound.
They're old, but came out quite good:
The mock for OS X:
I'm not a Mac guy at all, but I like these a lot.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
copyright ©MCMLXXV-MMXXI menga.net