Mac OSes and Sony PlayStation startup sound
The first startup sound I ever heard a game console make was from the Sega Genesis. When I heard that "SE-GA!" with the blue SEGA logo appear, I said, "Damn.. this is some serious stuff!"
What blew me away however was the intro sound for the original Sony Playstation when you first turned it on. It's a very long intro that's almost 20 seconds long, looks big and sounds big. Some call it scary. I don't. I thought it was awesome:
When you saw and heard that, you said, "OH, YEAH! NICE!"
This sound is so loved that some guy did two mock-ups of what MacOS and OS X would look like if they had the Sony PlayStation startup sound.
They're old, but came out quite good:
The mock for OS X:
I'm not a Mac guy at all, but I like these a lot.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
copyright ©MCMLXXV-MMXXI menga.net