me on me
This is really long but it's something where you don't mind the long read because it's bulletized for your convenience. 😉
Some random things about me.
- I have stopped mistakenly assuming that everyone knows how to use a computer - because the line between the online world and the real world is very, very thick.
- I will not wear brightly colored clothing, such as anything bright orange, green or whathaveyou.
- I will wear almost anything that is an "earth tone" or darker color. I have shirts that range from navy blue to "charcoal" to black to taupe, etc.
- I need to resubscribe to Motor Trend. I used to love reading that magazine. Still do. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
- I like showers where the water spray is "needle" or rotating "massage" where it hits you so hard that it hurts, i.e. high water pressure. Anything less and I don't feel as clean when I'm done.
- I never liked rain until I moved to Florida. Here the rain is almost always warm and like bathwater. I like that.
- I have the distinct impression that I clean my microwave and kitchen sink more than most people, as in really clean, being scrubbed with soap and whatnot. I do this once every week or so.
- I prefer to use paper towels over napkins when eating. They seem to work better.
- I do not own a single pair of socks or underwear with any holes in them. As soon as a hole appears, it gets thrown out that day. If I lose enough pairs that way, I go buy new.
- I've never liked low-cut socks. Feels weird. I use "normal" sized socks (not the tubed kind - too big). I like Hanes.
- I do not keep the cases to any of the DVD's I buy. All of them go in folder-type thing. If I fill that up, I get another one.
- Indication I've been blogging a long time: Almost every single person I know personally who blogs has "borrowed" part of my writing style every so often. They probably do it without even knowing it.
- Very few people I know personally realize there's an archives section which shows all of my past entries here. It's linked on the right.
- There are some people I know who know every single thing about MySpace and instant messengers. However, ask them to send an e-mail and they don't know how to do it, or find it "too annoying". I find that funny because electronic mail is the most basic form of internet communication.
- Out of all the guys I've known personally past and present, I'm the only one who didn't freak out when he turned 30. I actually enjoyed it - and still do.
- When I browse a video game section anywhere (be it Wal-Mart, Toys'R'Us or the like) and I see a girl checking out the games, I find that weird. It's weird only because when I was growing up in the Nintendo era, girls were never there. The playing field is now literally almost even.
- I have never bought a comic book. Ever.
- I have never played Magic: The Gathering.
- I have never played Dungeons & Dragons.
- To this day I have never seen Wayne's World in its entirety. Only clips on television.
- I have never driven an ATV.
- I have never driven a motorcycle.
- I have been on a horse. Once. I hated it. Never did it again. Never will.
- I have never skiied or snowboarded.
- I have never worn rollerblades.
- I have worn roller skates more times than I can count.
- I have hiked. Several times.
- Longest distance I have ever walked without stopping: About three miles. To those keeping score, treadmills don't count.
- Fastest I have ever driven on any interstate: 112mph/180km (and no, I have no desire to do so again).
- Fastest I have ever driven on a 25mph residential road: 75mph/120km (once again, no desire to do that again either).
- Highest drop I've ever fell from: About twelve feet (3.7 meters). I was on a swingset in my youth and my ass left the seat, then I dropped like a brick. No, I wasn't hurt. I landed on grass.
- Longest distance I've driven: Almost 1600 miles (2575km).
- Times I check the air pressure in my tires: At least twice a month.
- What's playing in my DVD player as I'm writing this right now: A Few Good Men.
- Number of speeding tickets I've gotten in my entire life: Two. Both in Massachusetts. One on Route 169 headed towards Southbridge and the other on the Mass Pike.
- Times I've been pulled over for things other than speeding that I can remember: Five.
Connecticut / moving violation with no collision ("Following too close to a dump truck.")
Connecticut / speeding on a residential road (let off with a warning). Connecticut / running a red light (let off with a warning).
Maine / failure to yield (fined $100 or something like that, paid it).
Florida / pulled over for no reason other than I was driving in Tampa at 2 a.m. with Connecticut plates. Cops were nice and told me to get FL tags immediately. Did so.
- Times I have collided with another vehicle: Twice. First time was a 1mph hit. Yes, you read correctly. One mile per hour. A "love tap". No damage. Second time I backed into a Honda Civic in the Pfizer parking lot in Connecticut. Wrecked his headlight - which I paid for. Scuffed my paint on my (at the time) '94 Chevy S-10 Blazer, i.e. no damage to me whatsoever.
- Longest period I can own a pair of sneakers before they wear out: About eight months.
- Have I ever worn my hair long? Yes. However, everyone (and I mean everyone) says it looks better short. I tend to agree. And to anyone wondering, those long-hair photos were taken in my early 20's.
Right. That's enough for now. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see